Which do I go to?
If you feel that you are having life-threatening symptoms, you should always call 911 and go to the Emergency Room. However, less severe problems can often be seen in the Family Physicians of Greeley office.
Advantages of being seen in our office include: scheduled same-day appointments, shorter wait times, and being able to see your own provider or a provider who has access to your Family Physicians of Greeley electronic chart, no matter which of our four offices you visit.
The lists below give some general ideas of what types of problems might be best seen in our office vs. the Emergency Room, but if you are wondering if your situation is an emergency, call us first! Our providers are on-call 24/7/365.
Family Physicians of Greeley
- Sprains, strains, possible broken bones
- Simple lacerations needing stitches
- Cold and flu symptoms, cough
- Pink eye, sore throats, earaches
- Headaches, backaches
- Allergic reactions
- Vomiting, diarrhea, upset stomach
- Minor injuries
- Urinary tract infection
Emergency Room (Call 911)
- Serious body injury
- Extreme blood loss
- Difficulty breathing (sudden or severe)
- Severe asthma attack
- Stroke symptoms (such as one-sided weakness or difficulty
- with speaking)
- Severe chest pain
- Major burns
- Loss of consciousness