X-ray Tech Per Diem needed to support busy Family Practice. Communicates and works independently in performing all Diagnostic procedures on patients of all ages. Flexibility, travel and knowledge of electronic health records required. Must consent to background check and drug testing.
Come join a great team! Full time Phlebotomist position opening at growing Family Practice. Must be available to work Saturday mornings on a rotational basis. Minimal travel between locations is required. Successful candidate will have superior patient care and communication abilities, strong phlebotomy skills, computer skills, multi-tasking capabilities, and excellent attention to detail. Excellent benefit package available.
Starting Pay Range: $15.00 - $17.00/hr
Full time position with expanding medical practice. Successful candidate must demonstrate strong knowledge of information technology, have the ability to provide technical support to end users, and monitor, maintain and troubleshoot information systems in a multi-location medical office. Must also have the ability to oversee an internal network and a remote hosted environment. Previous medical experience a plus/ minimum of two years of IT experience preferred.
- Network management and design
- Maintenance of servers/firewalls/VPNs/routers/connectivity
- Oversee data security and HIPAA compliance
- Microsoft server and workstation updates
- Data back up and data recovery
- Active directory user management
- Hardware and software purchasing, installation and troubleshooting
- Enterprise software management, including antivirus
- Help desk/end user support
- Telephone and fax management and maintenance
- Work with outside vendors for system operations
- Experience with EMR preferably NextGen
- Employee training
- Day to day management of clinic operations
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365
- Proficiency in SQL Management Studio
- Knowledge of Crystal Reports XI
Salary Range: $60,000 - $100,000 Year
Job Description: Leadership role in our Care Management team, providing telephonic care planning and communication with our patients, supporting patient transitions of care, and assisting the practice with meeting quality measures.
- Working supervisor who is a part of the care team (patients, physicians and MAs) that develops and manages care plans for high-risk patients. Communicates as needed regarding patient care plans to other parts of the team.
- Educates patients regarding their high-risk diagnoses and helps them to recognize and overcome behavioral obstacles in their lives to gain better health.
- Helps the practice meet the care management and quality care requirements of various payers, ACOs, and the NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition program.
- Helps to maintain patient health information in the EHR, including medical history, results of testing, and medications.
- Responsible for direct supervision and leadership of Care Management team.
- Assist Management Team with the daily operations, staff performance, and overall productivity of the Care Management team.
- Participate in regular team meetings with Care Management team and Family Physicians Management to update performance, strategize future plans for continued success and resolve any barriers to the program’s success.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrates excellent leadership, interpersonal, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to deal with a wide range of customers, provide a high level of customer service, and show awareness and respect for diversity.
- Familiar with motivational interviewing and self-management support.
- Computer literate, being able to gather and analyze data through EHR.
- Exhibit sound nursing skills and judgment.
- Ability to work autonomously, and work as part of the care team.
- Demonstrate good communication skills, both written and oral.
Education and experience:
- LPN with active Colorado license.
- Experience in primary care and care management preferred.
- Previous management experience required.
Salary Range: $25.00 - $35.00 per hour
Full time opening in the West Billing office. Responsibilities may include posting provider charge tickets, managing insurance plans, claims processing, cash handling, assisting Front Desk with questions, and assisting patients with Billing questions or concerns. Medical billing, multitasking and customer service experience preferred. Successful candidate will be a team player and have some experience/education in Medical billing, claims processing and a great attention to detail. Receptionist skills helpful. Sat am rotation included. Excellent benefit package available.
Salary Range: $16.00 - $23.00 per hour
Come join a great team! Full time Medical Receptionist opening at a busy Family Practice. Primary duties include:
- scheduling of appointments either on the telephone or in person
- checking in patients, verifying insurance, collecting payments
- answering a high volume of phone calls
- providing excellent patient customer service
Successful candidate will have strong customer service skills, excellent communication skills, great multitasking ability, attention to detail and experience with electronic health record systems Excellent benefit package available.